Last year I was introduced to Grant Cardone and the 10X movement. One of my mentors, John Maxwell, was speaking at this conference; that was the first thing that got my attention. I also have a couple of friends who attended this conference last year, so my interest was high. When tickets went on sale I purchased two for my wife and I. This environment would be completely different than most conferences I attend, but I am a firm believer that you cannot grow in your comfort zone. So we made hotel and airline reservations and scheduled to attend.
There were many famous speakers scheduled to be there as well as some I did not know. Some of the more recognized names were Magic Johnson, Scooter Braun, and Kevin Hart. There would be some unadvertised speakers show up like John Travolta, Dana White, and Usher. As with every conference, the three days were packed with information. I will write a separate blog with quotes for each day so here are my favorite takeaways from Day One.
- The top of the food chain looks for help. Everyone else looks for excuses.
- When you don’t find the right help, the wrong help will show up on its own.
- Don’t read 10 books. Read one great book 10 times.
- Finding help will make your life easier.
- You have to help yourself
- Know your customers. Know what they want, then over-deliver to them.
- Protect your reputation.
- Don’t have poor dreams.
- Have partnerships. It is the only way to multiply.
- Get the right partners with the expertise you do not have.
- Pass success on to your children.
- Money will not help you unless you learn how to use it.
- Work for growth and sustainability.
- Keep looking until you find someone who will help you.
- You cannot afford to be petty when you are growing something.
- Every decision either creates or destroys.
Scooter Braun (my favorite from day one)
- Success and failure live next door to each other.
- If you 10X and do not have your priorities straight, it does not matter.
- Fame doesn’t change you, it highlights who you are.
- Don’t let money be a prison. Allow it to set you free to enjoy life.
- Find your genius. Everyone has a space where they excel.
- Stop counting everyone else’s money. Comparison is a trap.
- Network horizontally and grow together.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to people you admire.
- The only great deals are where everyone wins.
- Maintain your word and your integrity.
- 10X is freedom in your soul (the preacher loved this one).
- Your goals are your goals. Who you are while you are going after your goals is what matters.
- If you are going to do something that has never been done before there may not be a process. You may have to develop the process yourself.
- People respond best to you when you are your authentic, best self.
- Hire people who are better than you at something.
- Your face is going to be in the wind if you achieve success.
- You cannot do it all, so do what you want and what you love.
- The big battle is knowing what you want to do.
- Life is too short to be miserable.
- There is no such thing as a perfect time. Don’t be afraid to take your shot.
- Hard places require you to creatively think to survive.
- If you are a miserable person, you will be one thousand times more miserable with money.
- Every life has breakpoints. You either break up or break down.
- Thoughts and actions will not continually contradict each other.
- You cannot influence if you are not an example.
- Money flows to problem solvers. The bigger problems you solve the more money will flow.
I got excited just reading some of these notes as I typed them. You can’t apply all of these but take one today and put it to use. Start the process of changing your life 10X. More to come in the days to follow.
Start Learning and Growing Today
Subscribe now for weekly insights into family, business and life